Available Spring and Fall Only!
War Eagle Cavern presents a truly unique educational experience while students enjoy a full day of outdoor fun! Our guides do an excellent job of keeping the student’s attention, spinning many “yarns” about the history of the cavern, highlighting the incredible formations of the cavern and the creatures that live there (yes, they will see bats!), and exploring the Karst landscape of the Ozark mountains and Beaver Lake.
All Day School Package Includes:
- One hour, guided, walking tour of War Eagle Cavern.
Featuring a huge spectacular natural entrance, War Eagle Cavern was formed from a roaring river pushing it's way out from deep inside the mountain.
Most groups will have an opportunity to "meet a bat" while on tour. Over 100,000 pipestrille and grey bats hibernate in the cavern over the winter, and spring and fall tours will learn about the lifestyle of bats, the importance of bats to our environment, and how we can help protect this endangered species.
- GEMSTONE PANNING at the War Eagle Mining Company.
Each student is given a bag of “dirt”, laced with semi-precious gemstones gathered from around the world. Students will be thrilled when they find rubies, emeralds, sapphires, pyrite, etc. as they work the pans at our water sluice, just like mining in the creek beds and hillsides of Colorado. One of our staff will be on hand at the sluice to make sure everyone gets a great selection of stones to take home, along with a gemstone identification card.
- The great HUNT FOR CHIEF WAR EAGLE’S TREASURE
A fun way for everyone to explore our woods. Wooden bat signs will point out interesting fauna, trees, outlooks and activities along our pathways, culminating in finding the treasure.
- Shopping at the WAR EAGLE TRADING POST.
We are proud of our unique trading post, offering many interesting souvenirs and encourage each student to bring a few dollars with them. We feel that a child spending a few dollars on his own is a very important learning experience. We really spend the extra time with the students to teach them about their first shopping experience – how much money they have to spend, what they can buy in their price range, and how much change they will get back. We teach them how to shop on their own in a fun learning environment!
- There are ample picnic areas under the trees for students to enjoy their home packed lunches.
- The school package includes the cavern tour, the treasure hunt/nature walk, and a bag of gemstone mix for mining at our water sluice.
- One chaperone ticket is free for every ten students arriving that day (tour only, gem pan mix available at regular prices). Additional adult chaperones will be charged a discounted rate upon arrival.
- Please designate one person to be in charge of the entire groups check-in funds. (*This must be done to receive a discounted rate) Payment is due the day of the field trip in the form of a school check. (No credit cards)
- Minimum of 50 students for the school package.
TEACHERS- Call us to reserve early, as dates fill quickly! We offer a full day of fun!
Call Guy at (479)789-2909 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.