Some of the things a participant in the Spelunker Tour at War Eagle Cavern will need to remember are:
- 48 hour advance reservation required.
- Plan for at least 2 1/2 hours of adventure.
- Arrive in your explorer clothes – sturdy shoes, long sleeve shirt, and long pants.
- Come prepared to get wet, muddy and have fun.
- Jeans or Pants, NO SHORTS.
- Hiking Boots that will get wet.
- Layer a jacket, long sleeve shirt and T-shirt.
- You may want a small pack to carry a water bottle, power bar and extra batteries.
- Hard Hats, Lights, Knee Pads and Gloves are REQUIRED and will be provided.
- The Spelunker Tour is limited to a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 people per tour. Larger groups may be available by special arrangements.
- Minors must be at least 12 years old and accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Credit Card required for reservation and 1/2 down payment.
- 24 hr notice of cancellation or rescheduling required to avoid $50 cancellation fee.
A change of clothes, socks, and shoes are highly recommended, plus a large plastic bag for your dirty clothes. You also might want money for snacks and souvenirs!
COST: $75 using our equipment, $65 bringing and using your own equipment.
Recently, our staff traveled to what we thought were the furthest reaches of the cavern. After hours and hours of crawling and slithering through water-filled passages and walking through towering rooms, we were forced to stop in a big room that seemed to go no further. The formations were spectacular, formed from water seeping over the rocks for millions of years. As we rested before beginning the journey back, one of the guides shouted “Wait! There’s more!” He had discovered that bats were disappearing into a small hole in the back wall, and a strong cool breeze was coming through. We can’t wait to get through that wall and explore further!